KIDS SAFETY POLICYThe resort goes to great lengths to put security measures in place to ensure the safety of all guests. However, we request that you keep a constant check on your children whenever they are not participating in an organized activity, especially around the swimming pools, parking area and on the beach.
PATHWAYS: As children can become disoriented in new surroundings, we suggest that you teach them your room number and, in the event that they are lost, they should contact any member of staff wearing a name badge.
BEACH & POOL: We recommend that children wear suitable footwear at all times when outside to avoid accidents involving sharp sea shells, stones, etc. Sandals and beach shoes can be purchased at the hotel shop.
MEDICAL: A general doctor and pediatrician are on call 24-hours.
• Please inform the club staff of your whereabouts and how you can be contacted.
• Please collect your child at closing time. Any additional hours will be charged as babysitting.
• Children are not allowed to leave Grecoland without a responsible adult. Children aged over 8 may leave if you have given special permission to the club staff.
• It is essential that your child is healthy and dressed appropriately for the scheduled activities.
Please ensure that your child has a hat or cap, sun cream, swimsuit and a change of clothing, as these items are not provided. (Please ask for a copy of the full Grecoland regulations from the children’s staff)
HOLIDAY TIPS WITH KIDS: A few sensible precautions make family holidays happy
• Please tell the hotel staff if you need anything to make your holiday more enjoyable
• Suitable sunscreens avoid painful sunburn. Re-apply regularly!
• Protect delicate areas such as face, head & neck with a hat
• It’s best for kids to wear shoes or sandals whenever they are outside
• Avoid dehydration by giving your child plenty of water to drink
• Swim safely -make sure that you and your child swim close to the shore
• Be very careful with inflatables & water toys as they can float out to sea
• Tell the hotel staff about any allergies or special requirements
• Please respect the comfort and wellbeing of other guests
• Your child should not swim immediately after meals
• Children are asked not to run around the pool area as it may be slippery
• Children should not dive into the pools
• Please supervise your child at all times when in the pool or sea
• Please do not change nappies around the pool or beach. Use the restroom facilities
• Children should wear a swimsuit when swimming
• Children under 12 should not use lifts unsupervised
• Enjoy your holiday!
INTERNAL RULES & REGULATIONS
• Use of the Grecoland facility is free for all resort guests aged 4-12 years.
• Grecoland is supervised by multi-lingual, trained personnel.
• Kids who are aged less than 4 years are also welcome to use the club facilities or join activities, provided they are accompanied by an adult or a guardian.
• Depending on the number of kids present, the club proposes on a daily basis, activity programmes adapted to two different age groups, namely: 4 to 6 years and 7 to 12 years.
• The Grecoland Club opening and closing hours are available from Grecoland or Reception. Outside operating hours, the hotel accepts no liability for children using the facilities.
• Participation in the activities requires the parent or guardian’s registration of the child at the club and adherence to the internal rules and regulations of the club.
• Kids’ registration can be done at any time during operation hours of the Grecoland, although we would recommend registration in the morning or early afternoon following lunch.
• In order to ensure optimum operation of the club, parents are invited to point out any health problem, as well as provide any information relative to the well-being of their child(ren) or other kids present.
• Children who are sick or exhibit signs of illness may not participate in programmes.
• Due to safety and liability concerns, Grecoland staff will not be able to administer medications to children.
• Children are not permitted to leave the Club without a responsible adult. Children aged over 8 years may leave if you have given special permission to the club supervisor.
• Activities proposed in the programmes are subject to change depending on weather conditions and the number of kids present for the activity.
• Kids registered at the club are invited to participate in group activities designed for their age group as proposed in the programme advertised. It is strongly recommended that kids arrive before the beginning of each activity in order to avoid any waiting time.
• It is essential for each child to be equipped with either a hat or cap, sun cream, swimsuit, change of clothing, swimming aids for those who cannot swim, since these items are not provided by Grecoland.
• We recommend that children do not bring valuables (jewelry, mobile phones, electronic games, etc.) with them to the club. The hotel cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage of any items during participation in the programme.
• The aim of the Grecoland club is for the enjoyment of everyone. For this reason, children who are repeatedly disruptive or unruly will be returned to their parents/guardian and may be excluded from further participation.
• In case you do not wish your child to participate in an activity proposed in the programme which requires a financial participation, another free activity will be proposed to the child(ren).
• You must collect your child at closing time. Any additional hours will be charged as babysitting.
• If you leave the resort when your child is at the Club, you must inform the club supervisor of your whereabouts and how you can be contacted.
• In the event of an accident, illness or emergency the team will contact the parents/guardian immediately. Should you be unreachable, you must authorise the officers, employees or agents of the Grecotel Hotel to take whatever steps they deem necessary or appropriate, including obtaining emergency medical treatment. In the event of a doctor’s visit, medical or hospital expenses, the parent/guardian must reimburse the hotel for all expenses incurred.